© 2022 Rutledge Insurance Group LLC. All rights reserved.
Critical Illness Coverage
Critical Illness Coverage Health Insurance
Critical Illness Coverage helps to fill the gap between your health coverage and life insurance. While health coverage provides benefits for medical treatment, it does not include any benefits for non-medical expenses you may incur. Traditional life insurance policies pay benefits to the named beneficiary after death. What happens if you survive a critical illness? Where will you find the financial resources to cover expenses during your recovery? Our accident protection will have you covered every step of the way!
To give you a better idea of why this coverage can be such a great addition to your insurance plan, here are some basic facts and statistics on critical illness here in the U.S.
Critical Illness Statistics:
- Both men and women have a 1-in-3 lifetime risk of getting cancer.
- There are 15.5 million cancer survivors in the U.S.
- 790,000 heart attacks occur each year — that’s one every 40 seconds!
- About 795,000 Americans will have a stroke this year — that’s one every 40 seconds!
Get A Critical Illness Coverage Quote
Accidents CAN happen … in 2010, non-fatal injuries cost society more than $471 billion in productivity losses and over $111 billion in medical costs.
- More than 29 million people are treated in emergency rooms for injuries each year.
- More than 2.8 million people hospitalized with injuries each year.
- Excess medical expense coverage insurance plan, designed to help fill the gap of out-of-pocket expenses you may incur as a result of accidental bodily injury. The plan pays up to the selected excess medical expense amount after the applicable deductible is met.
Supplemental Accidents and Critical Illness Coverage gives you extra medical expense coverage by providing you with lump-sum payouts when you have an accident that results in a loss. This coverage can help you offset the cost of deductibles, co-pays, prescription drugs, diagnostic tests, and other expenses.